Today we say goodbye to the designer of the legendary Porsche 911 – Ferdinand Alexander Porsche.
Porsche announced today that the grandson of Dr. Ferdinand Porsche, who founded the company in the 1930′s, died today in Austria at the age of 76. The cause of death was not mentioned.
Ferdinand Porsche designed the classic 911 in the 1960′s died today in Austria at the age of 76. The sleek elements of his design have been the cornerstone for seven generations of Porsche 911, and now are also very prominent in the brand’s other models such as the Cayenne, the Panamera and the Cayman.
“The creator of the Porsche 911 has founded a culture of design in our company that distinguishes our sports cars even today,” Porsche CEO Matthias Mueller told the Associated Press today.
Photo, USA Today/APComments
Tweet With Us
- Mercedes-Benz Has Your 6D Vision: The Safety Revolution is On
- Lexus Continues to Provide the Best: A Review of 2013 Lexus Hybrids
- Maserati takes top honor in class as Robb Report’s Best of the Best Sedan
- Families Love the Volvo XC60 and XC70 Crossovers
- The 2013 Lexus ES350 Receives More Aggressive Styling, But Maintains Refined Plushness